6 开足马力(16) - 作文大全

作文大全

6 开足马力(16)

来源: 作文大全2023-09-05 23:42:36
导读:And$500.00tothemanwhocanpiercethatinfernalbeast!谁打中这恶魔,给五百美元!Calmofeye,cooloffea...

And $500.00 to the man who can pierce that infernal beast!

谁打中这恶魔,给五百美元!

Calm of eye, cool of feature, an old gray-bearded gunner-I can see him to this day-approached the cannon, put it in position, and took aim for a good while.

一位胡子花白的老炮手—他现在仍然活现在我眼前—眼光镇定,面容冷静,走到大炮面前,把炮位摆好,瞄准了很久的时间。

There was a mighty explosion, mingled with cheers from the crew.

轰的一声炮响了,这时船员们的欢呼声混杂在一起。

The shell reached its target; it hit the animal, but not in the usual fashion-it bounced off that rounded surface and vanished into the sea two miles out.

炮弹打中了,正打在动物身上,但是并没有给它致命的打击,而是从它圆圆的身上滑过去落在二海里远的海中。

Oh drat! said the old gunner in his anger. That rascal must be covered with six-inch armor plate!

真怪!老炮手暴跳如雷,说,这混蛋的身上一定有一层六英寸厚的铁甲!

Curse the beast! Commander Farragut shouted.

该死的东西!法拉古舰长喊。

The hunt was on again, and Commander Farragut leaned over to me, saying:

追逐又开始了,法拉古舰长弯身对我说道:

I'll chase that animal till my frigate explodes!

我要一直追到我们的船爆炸为止!

Yes, I replied, and nobody would blame you!

对,您对!我答。

We could still hope that the animal would tire out and not be as insensitive to exhaustionas our steam engines.

人们只指望这动物筋疲力尽,它总不能跟蒸汽机一样,永远不感到疲倦