Before I had time to express the surprise this new proposition caused me, a camera was carried into the lounge at Captain Nemo's request.
我简直来不及向他表示这新提议使我发生的惊奇,由于尼摩船长的吩咐,立即有一架照相机拿到厅中来。
The liquid setting, electrically lit, unfolded with perfect clarity through the wide-open panels.
从敞开的嵌板望去,海水周围受电光照耀,显得非常清楚。
No shadows, no blurs, thanks to our artificial light.
我们的人工光线没有任何一陰一暗、任何晕淡不匀的地方。
Not even sunshine could ha一ve been better for our purposes.
对于这种一性一质的照相,就是太一陽一光恐怕也没有这种光线便利;
With the thrust of its propeller curbed by the slant of its fins, the Nautilus stood still.
诺第留斯号在它的推进机的力量下,受它纵斜机板斜度的管制,停住不动。
The camera was aimed at the scenery on the ocean floor, and in a few seconds we had a perfect negative.
照相机于是对准海洋底下的风景拍摄,没有几秒钟,我们就得到了极端清楚的底版。
I attach a print of the positive.
我现在拿出来的是正面的一陽一版底片。
In it you can view these primordial rocks that ha一ve never seen the light of day, this nether granite that forms the powerful foundation of our globe, the deep ca一ves cut into the stony mass, the outlines of incomparable distinctness whose far edges stand out in black as if from the brush of certain Flemish painters.
人们在照片上看到那些从来没有受过天上照来的光线的原始基本岩石,那些形成地球的坚强基础的底层花岗石,那些在大石堆中空出来的深幽岩洞,那些清楚得无可比拟的侧影,它们的轮廓作黑一色一的线条,像某些佛兰蒙画家的画笔所绘出来的一样。
In the distance is a mountainous horizon, a wondrously undulating line that makes up the background of this landscape.
在更远一点的地方,是横在边际的山脉,有一道波纹弯曲的美丽线条,作为这幅风景的底层远景。
The general effect of these smooth rocks is indescribable: black, polished, without moss or other blemish, carved into strange shapes, sitting firmly on a carpet of sand that sparkled beneath our streams of electric light.
我不可能描写这一一群一平一滑、黝一黑、光泽、没有薛苔、没有斑点的岩石,它削成离奇古怪的形状,并且牢固地矗一立在细沙形成的地毯上,沙受曳光的照耀,闪闪发亮。
Meanwhile, his photographic operations over, Captain Nemo told me:
可是,尼摩船长照完了相,对我说:
Let's go back up, professor. We mustn't push our luck and expose the Nautilus too long to these pressures.
教授,我们上去吧。不要过久地停留在这个地方,也不要让诺第留斯号过久地顶一住这样的压力。
Let's go back up! I replied.
我们上去。我回答。
Hold on tight.
您好好地站稳。
Before I had time to realize why the captain made this recommendation, I was hurled to the carpet.
我还没有时间来理解尼摩船长为什么要这样劝告我,我就被摔在地毯上了。
Its fins set vertically, its propeller thrown in gear at the captain's signal, the Nautilus rose with lightning speed, shooting upward like an air balloon into the sky.
船上的推进器,由于船长发的信号,跟发动机连结起来,它的纵斜机板垂直地竖一立起来,诺第留斯号就像气球飞在空中一样,闪电般的迅速上升。
Vibrating resonantly, it knifed through the watery mass.
它分开海水,发出响亮的颤声。
Not a single detail was visible.
所有详细情景都不可能看见。
In four minutes it had cleared the four vertical leagues separating it from the surface of the ocean, and after emerging like a flying fish, it fell back into the sea, making the wa一ves leap to prodigious heights.
四分钟的时间,它就越过了分开它和洋面的四里的距离,同时又跟飞鱼一样,跳出一水面,它把海水拍打得飞一溅到惊人的高度,随后又落到水面上来。