56:救援(7) - 作文大全

作文大全

56:救援(7)

来源: 作文大全2021-10-06 03:39:48
导读:Atsupperthatnight,Mr.BrickleplacedLouisathisright,intheplaceofhonor.那天晚饭时,布里克先生让...

At supper that night, Mr. Brickle placed Louis at hisright, in the place of honor.

那天晚饭时,布里克先生让路易斯坐到他右边的荣誉席上。

When the meal was over, he rose and made aspeech.

吃完饭后,他站起来发表了一个演说。

"We all saw what happened on the lake today.

“我们全都看见了今天在湖上发生的事情。

Applegate Skinner broke a camp rule, took a canoeout alone, and upset.

阿普尔盖特·斯金纳违犯了一条营规,擅自划独木舟外出,还翻了船。

He was drowning when Louis the Swan, rapidly outdistancing all other campers,

就在他即将被淹死之际,天鹅路易斯飞速地赶超了其他的营员,

reached his side, held him up, and saved his life.

来到他身边,把他托起来,救了他的命。

Let us all give Louis a standing ovation!"

让我们全体起立,为路易斯鼓掌欢呼!”

The boys and the counselors stood up. They cheered and clapped and beat on tin plates withspoons.

男孩子和辅导员们站了起来。他们鼓掌欢呼着,还用勺子敲打着盘子。

Then they sat down.

然后他们才又坐下来。

Louis looked embarrassed.

路易斯显得有些不知所措了。

"And now, Applegate," said Mr.Brickle,

“现在,阿普尔盖特,”布里克先生说,

"I hope the rescue has caused you to change your opinion of birds.

“我希望这场援救已经改变了你对鸟类的看法。

The first day you were here in camp, you told us you didn't care for birds.

来到夏令营的第一天,你曾告诉我们说你不喜欢鸟儿。

How do you feel now?"

你现在的感觉如何?”

"I feel sick at my stomach," replied Applegate.

“我感觉我的肚子还是不舒服。” 阿普尔盖特回答。

"It makes you sick at your stomach to almost drown.

“当你几乎被淹死时你的肚子会感到很不好受的。

My stomach still has a lot of lake water in it."

我肚子里还存着很多湖水呢。”

"Yes, but what about birds?" asked Mr. Brickle.

“是的,可你现在对鸟类怎么看呢?”布里克先生问。

Applegate thought hard for a moment.

阿普尔盖特使劲想了一会儿。

"Well," he said, "I'm grateful to Louis for saving my life.

“嗯,”他说,“路易斯救了我的命,我很感激他。

But I still don't like birds."

可我还是不喜欢鸟类。”

"Really?" said Mr. Brickle. "That's quite remarkable.

“真的吗?”布里克先生说。“这有点太奇怪了。

Even though a bird saved you from drowning, you don't care for birds?

即使一只鸟儿在你快淹死的时候救了你,你还是不喜欢鸟类?

What have you got against birds?"

你为什么要反对鸟类呢?”

"Nothing," replied Applegate. "I have nothing against them. I just don't care for them."

“没什么,”阿普尔盖特回答,“我没什么反对他们的理由。我仅仅是不喜欢他们而已。”

"O.k.," said Mr. Brickle. "I guess we'll just have to leave it at that.

“OK,”布里克先生说,“我想我们只好谈到这里为止了。

But the camp is proud of Louis.

但夏令营却为路易斯而骄傲。

He is our most distinguished counselor--a great trumpet player, a great bird, a powerfulswimmer, and a fine friend.

他是我们最杰出的辅导员——一个伟大的号手,一只伟大的鸟,一个强健的游泳家,还是一个极好的朋友。

He deserves a medal.

他应该得到一枚奖章。

In fact, I intend to write a letter recommending that he be given the Lifesaving Medal."

实际上,我正打算写一封信,推举他为救生奖章的获得者。”