9 尼德·兰的愤怒(4) - 作文大全

作文大全

9 尼德·兰的愤怒(4)

来源: 作文大全2023-09-06 09:13:00
导读:Thisboat,thissheet-ironmonster,hadobviouslyjustrisentothesurfaceoftheocean,there...

This boat, this sheet-iron monster, had obviously just risen to the surface of the ocean, there to breathe in good whale fashion.

这铁皮怪分明是浮到海面上来,用鲸鱼呼吸的方式呼吸了。

So the ship's mode of ventilation was finally established.

因此我完全肯定了这船调换空气的办法。

When I had absorbed a chestful of this clean air, I looked for the conduit--the air carrier, if you prefer.

我一边自由呼吸着新鲜空气,一边寻找把这种养人的气体送到我们周围的那个东西,或不如说通气管子,

that allowed this beneficial influx to reach us, and I soon found it. Above the door opened an air vent that let in a fresh current of oxygen,

我不久便找到了。在房门上面,开有一个通气孔,一阵一阵的新鲜空气就从这通气孔进来,

renewing the thin air in our cell.

填补房中不足的空气。

I had gotten to this point in my observations when Ned and Conseil woke up almostsimultaneously, under the influence of this reviving air purification.

我正在观察的时候,尼德·兰和康塞尔,在新鲜空气的刺激下,也差不多同时醒来了。

They rubbed their eyes, stretched their arms, and sprang to their feet.

他们擦擦眼睛,伸伸胳膊,一下就站起来。

Did master sleep well? Conseil asked me with his perennial good manners.

先生睡得好吗?康塞尔跟平常一样客客气气地问。

Extremely well, my gallant lad, I replied. And how about you, Mr. Ned Land?

很不错。康塞尔.我答,尼德·兰师傅,您睡得怎样?